ONLY ELITE ATHLETES WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE PRIZE MONEY FOR THE TOP THREE WINNING POSITIONS
(Prize money is determined by GUN time only and NOT by CHIP time.) You HAVE to be registered as an Elite athlete to win any prize money at the Run Bhopal Run.
The Bhopal Runners invites athletes to apply for elite status for our Half Marathon Run.
Elite Athlete BIB placements are limited and these participants will receive a start placement in the front of the pack at the beginning of the race. The requirements and applications for Elite registration are explained below and involve a check of past performances.
● Remember to bring your all-important bib to the race irrespective of category you are running. The timing tag is attached to your bib for 21 K runners. Do not bend your bib in any way or it will damage the timing tag.
● Mind your neighbour. Please don't jostle or shove
● Follow the course. Always!! Any deviation could result in your timing not getting recorded or worse, you getting disqualified
● Please ensure you cross the timing mats wherever present. Not crossing the timing mat may result in your timing not being recorded.
● Drink fluids. We’ve provided water stations along the course. Please use them. In case you need help, there are volunteers and race marshals along the route.
● There will be toilets on the course. Out of respect for the local residents and businesses we would ask you to use these and not a handy bush or tree.
● We accept that you need to discard water bottles and paper cups. In consideration for the safety of your fellow runners, use the Waste Disposal Containers provided at the Aid Stations for the used cups or other waste. Try not to litter the road. Do not waste water & other fluids.
● Slow runners beyond the cut off times need to exercise extra caution. They can avail the sweep vehicle which following the slow runners to reach the finish point. The organizer that is BHOPAL RUNNERS will not be responsible for safety, if the slow runners do not adhere to the guidelines and precautions.
● We will not be providing travel expenses to and from Bhopal or accommodations for elite athletes.
All registered participants are entitled to:
● Elite runners will have a unique BIB or Elite status identifying token.
● Elite runners will have a separate holding and warm up area in the Start Area.
● First three winning times and cash prize awards are determined by the GUN TIME assigned to the first three runners that cross the finish line respectively. The computer based electronic timing chip will not determine the first three winners' positions or timings.
● Elite runners will have a separate Race Kit and BIB collection counter at the Health & Fitness Marathon Expo on Thursday, 29th November 2018 & Friday, 31st November 2018 which will be held at Gammon India Mall, Main Road 1, New Market, Near Samnawaya Bhawan, Malviya Nagar, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
● Only Elite runners will be eligible to win one cash prize award under the Elite Status at the time of expo.
● All race related instructions and communications.
● A technical fabric short - sleeved official race t-shirt (your preferred size based on stock availability on a first come basis)
● Access to the Health & fitness Marathon Expo
● A runner's race kit given at the Race Expo
● An official race BIB
● An RFID electronic timing tag along with your race BIB
● Access to the Start Area amenities and entertainment
● Baggage Check facilities
● Permission to run on the official marathon route with a visible race BIB
● Water, energy drinks and snacks along the route.
● Entertainment along the course
● Medical aid
● A world-class, official half marathon finisher's medal upon completing the race.
● Post-race refreshments
● A downloadable official electronic Finisher's Certificate
● Any assistance on or off the course
● Special Race Communication.
● Priority line up placement in the front at the start line.
● Elite tent at the finish area.
● Special Elite coordinators/volunteers.
ELITE ATHLETE REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION
All Elite athletes that meet the Elite (explained below) qualifying standards receive elite status and privileges. Only elite athletes will be eligible for any prize money, which will be given to the top three positions in the male and female categories for the Half Marathon Race.
NOTE: All prize money determining winner positions (top three) will be based on GUN TIME and NOT CHIP TIME. Elite Athletes will also receive placement at the front of the race. All elite status qualifying times must have been achieved in the past 2 years to be considered.
Note: We will not be providing travel expenses to and from Bhopal or accommodations for elite athletes.
Qualifying times for an Elite Athlete are listed below:
● Men -Half Marathon: Sub 1:25 mins
● Women - Half Marathon: Sub 2:00 mins
Please Note the all Elite athletes will have to provide the organizers before your race a copy of your:
● PAN Card number
● Clear address
● Phone number
International Athletes will have to provide us:
● Your Passport Number
● Any other Govt. Tax ID Number you may have.
● Phone number
● Please go through the Prize Money to view the prize purse and individual winner awards.
● ***All winners cash prizes will be given after deducting all applicable taxes